August 11, 2012 · 4:34 pm
I think Alexandra Franzen and Gala Darling are right, sometimes you have to unplug. I’m there now. I’ve taken baby steps towards not being the asshole with my eyes glued to my iPhone all the time, but I am spending WAY. TOO. MUCH. time on it. So, my rules of dis-engagement:
No iPhone for 99% of the day. That means texts and calls like normal (I so rarely use my communication device to communicate. I’d like to use it to connect with people I care about-by actually talking to them), but no internet, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc except for 1 hour a day. All that time! To be filled with stuff I enjoy! It will be glorious!
Or, I’ll still be really lazy, but in about an hour I’ll get bored enough to actually go do something, thereby accomplishing the same goal of LIVE YOUR LIFE AS IT IS NOT HOW IT LOOKS ON INSTAGRAM and HAVE FUN and FUCK FACEBOOK, ANYWAY, IT’S LIKE FUCKING HIGH SCHOOL AND MAYBE THAT’S WHY YOU FEEL INSECURE AND UPTIGHT ALL THE TIME BECAUSE HIGH SCHOOL SUCKED.
Ahem. Anyway, I’m excited. I want to be an adventurous person, but I think that part of my soul has weakened and is barely hanging on from lack of use. So, on to the adventures:
- Getting a bike and riding it
- Learning to hoopdance
- Stargazing and learning the constellations again
- Teach myself to knit
It’s a good start 🙂
August 9, 2012 · 8:19 pm
In my life, I feel so grateful every day. Things I’m grateful for:
- Fishing with my husband
- Fostering a runt puppy from my work, nursing him back to health, and selling him to a good family (although it broke my heart and I bawled in the bathroom at work after they left with him).
- Making mini albums
- BFF nights
- Concerts with my friends
- Concert with my husband
- An AMAZING Fourth, and my first camping experience
- Having a trained dog finally, due to a serendipitous set of circumstances including my awesome job
- My awesome job
- Lots of time with my cats while Duke was training
- Red hair again
- Going to the gym again
- Eating from my garden-which is super fun since Steve is gardening with me for the first time
- The terrible heat wave has cracked
- Fall is soon!!
- Planning to watch the Perseids this weekend
- That Steve is so much happier now that he’s quit his miserable job.
- Long days and lots of sunshine
- Bangs! Just cut new bangs today
- Joining a pool league and having something fun for us to do Monday nights (and once again, the luck of everything falling into place). Plus the practice time at our local dive bar with Steve, and working to get better at something.
- Learning to shoot guns
- Visiting my parents
- Smash books
- A newfound passion for amigurumi-amigurumipatterns.net is awesome 🙂
- Embroidery and cross-stitch-The Floss Box is irresistable
- An amazing recipe for chicken fried rice, yum!
- Air plants and amazing driftwood Steve brought home for me
I am so blessed and happy. Thank you Universe!